Autumn season is finally coming and we will soon bid goodbye to hot dogs and welcome the sweet taste of s’mores, pumpkin spice lattes, pecan pies and piping-hot servings of chili in our mouth.
When talking about fall, chili is the epitome of quintessential food. People could customize their own chili dish with their desired toppings. They could go crazy with jalapeños, sour cream and cheese.
When the weather begins to drop down, it’s always the best time to prepare your favorite chili. My family always loved it when I serve up spicy three bean chili during our Sunday football, or make it the star of our potluck dinner!
Here’s a recipe for some speedy chili. Don’t forget to share this to your friends and moms who would love to save time while cooking.
WHAT YOU WILL NEED:
- 1⁄2 onion, chopped
- 2 tbsps. chili powder
- 8 oz. can sauce
- handful cilantro, chopped
- 2 dollops sour cream
- 1⁄2 lb. ground beef
- 1 1⁄2 tbsps. olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tbsps. cayenne pepper (optional)
- 1⁄2 can kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup sharp cheddar cheese
- 1⁄2 can diced tomatoes, not drained
DIRECTIONS FOR COOKING:
- Heat the olive oil and sautée your chopped onions for several seconds in a pot over medium to high heat.
- Combine the ground beef until it is cooked ¾ of the way. Then, put in the cayenne, kidney beans, cilantro, chili powder, diced tomatoes, sauce and salt for flavor.
- Stir and cover it for 1 up to 2 minutes until it is completely cooked through.
- Put the chili in a bowl and garnish it with sharp cheddar cheese, cilantro, sour cream or any toppings that you like.
Share & enjoy your chili today!