Farouk Systems Global Artist Tammy Mixon shares how to replicate each look she created for reigning Miss Universe Demi-Leigh Nel-Peters and Miss USA Kára McCullough during New York Fashion Week exclusively with CHI.
THE LOOK: BENDED BRAID BUN
1. Create a diagonal section from the top of the ear to the top of the other ear. 2. The back section is brushed up to the top of the head and secured into a ponytail. 3. Brush the front section back, and combine in the back section to make one sleek pony. 4. Using the CHI LAVA 1-inch Hairstyling Iron, slightly curl the ends for control. 5. Loosely braid the ponytail, wrap it around forming a top knot, and secure with pins. 6. Finish off with CHI Helmet Head making all of the edges nice and clean.
Key Products to Achieve This Look: CHI LAVA 1” Hairstyling Iron, CHI Helmet Head
THE LOOK: FAB FRO
1. Using a small CHI Tapered Wand, wrap the hair around the wand alternating directions in a circular pattern around the head. 2. Lift the hair up from underneath, and pin with bobby pins to eliminate length. 3. Lightly spray the hair with CHI Infra Texture, and tease underneath to create volume and pin in place to create a circular shape. 4. Finish off with CHI Helmet Head to keep the shape in place.
Key Products to Achieve This Look: CHI Infra Texture, CHI Helmet Head
THE LOOK: SLEEK CHIGNON
1. Prep hair by spraying CHI 44 Iron Guard throughout the hair. 2. Taking 1-inch sections, smooth hair using the CHI LAVA 1-inch Hairstyling Iron, paying close attention to smoothing the root area. Curl the ends of the hair slightly under. 3. Create a deep side part on the preferred side, and divide hair into three equal sections. Smooth the back section only into a low ponytail, and secure with an elastic band and pins. The two front sections remain lose. 4. Take one front section and wrap around the pony clockwise, secure with a pin into ponytail. Take the remaining side section and wrap around the pony counter clockwise, secured with a pin into ponytail. 5. Twist ponytail tightly wrapping it around itself clockwise until a bun is formed. Secure in with pins. 6. Smooth all extra flyaway with CHI smoothing comb and CHI Infra Texture. Add CHI Shine Spray for extra sheen.
Key Products to Achieve This Look: CHI LAVA 1” Hairstyling Iron, CHI 44 Iron Guard, CHI Infra Texture, CHI Shine Spray
THE LOOK: DOUBLE TOP KNOTS
1. Create a center part, and section the hair into to pigtails 2. Leaving out a half inch of hair in the front by the face. Gather one side section of hair high on top of the head. Using the CHI Smoothing Comb, smooth any fly always or bumps. Secure pig tail with rubber band. 3. Twist the pigtail to the ends. Then wrap pigtail around itself until you create a small bun. Secure with bobby pins. (Tip: the bun should look imperfect, so let your natural texture come through the bun.) 4. Repeat with the other pigtail. 5. Using the CHI Nano Dryer and CHI round brush, blow dry smooth the two pieces of hair left down in the front creating a slight bend under at the ends. 6. Smooth edges with CHI Pomade to secure baby hairs at the crown. 7. Finish with CHI Enviro 54 Hairspray.
Key Products to Achieve This Look: CHI Nano Dryer, CHI Pomade, CHI Enviro 54 Hairspray, CHI Smoothing Comb
THE LOOK: BOMBSHELL CURLS
1. Prep hair with CHI Silk Infusion and CHI 44 Iron Guard. 2. Create a deep side part on preferred side. 3. Take a 1-inch section of hair and spray section with CHI Enviro 54 Hairspray. 4. Wrap section around the barrel of CHI DURA 1.25-inch Curling Iron to create curl. 5. Release hair from iron, and wrap hair neatly around your index finger to recreate the curl. Pin with clip to set. 6. Repeat for all sections of the hair. Let curls cool in set for additional five minutes. 7. Remove pins in the same order as they were curled to maximize set. 8. Brush through curls with CHI Paddle Brush 9. Brush one side of hair back and pin behind the ear 10. Finish with CHI Enviro 54 Hairspray.
Key Products to Achieve This Look: CHI Silk Infusion, CHI 44 Iron Guard, CHI Enviro 54 Hairspray, CHI DURA 1.25” Curling Iron
THE LOOK: SLEEK BUN
1. Lightly mist the hair with CHI 44 Iron Guard to add moisture to the hair and to protect against heat damage. 2. Take a section from top of the ear to top of the ear. Brush the hair back into a low ponytail. 3. Using CHI Spray Wax on the two front sections, sculpt natural waves into the hair. 4. Take the two front sections and with the end of your comb wrap them around the ponytail holder to cover the rubber band. 5. Twist the ponytail around itself until it forms a bun and secure with pins. 6. Finish the look with CHI Helmet Head followed by CHI Shine Infusion.
Key Products to Achieve This Look: CHI 44 Iron Guard, CHI Spray Wax, CHI Helmet Head, CHI Shine Infusion
Published at Wed, 21 Feb 2018 22:19:00 +0000