Summer is a fun time to be out. Have some party, enjoy the weather and just have fun.
We have you covered with this totally unique tablecloth DIY project for your summer party.
Summertime entertaining is the right chance to do something one-of-a-kind with the right tablescape. After all, your backyard entertainment must be casual, a regular thing given the amazing summer ‘vibe.’
To afford your backyard table a new funky, fun, and a summer-camp-like look and vibe, try making a festive DIY tie-dye table cloth or tie-dyeing napkins to set the mood and encourage the fun for your party. Here is how you can DIY your tablecloth:
What You’ll Need:
- 1 tie-dye starter kit (including dyes and squirt bottles)
- 1 bucket of warm water
- Rubber bands
- 1 White Sheet (size depending on your preference)
Here’s How To Do It:
- Take your sheet and thoroughly soak it in the bucket of warm water.
- Once it is saturated, squeeze excess water out of the sheet.
- Twirl and twist sheets tightly, securing with rubber bands.
- Prepare your dye according to your starter kit directions
- Take the tied sheet and squirt the cloth with the dye. Let the sheet soak in the dye by placing it in a zippered plastic bag for 4-6 hours.
- The moment the dye has settled, dip the sheet into warm water and squeeze out the excess dye.
- Then, put it in the wash with hot water and allow it to complete one cycle.
- Hang in your backyard and allow to air-dry for 3 hours or until completely dried.
- Lastly, soak in vinegar to make your tablecloth color safe.
Now your summer tie-dyed tablescape is all set. Have fun and enjoy the party.
Share the DIY project today!